Freshwater Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RegisterHomeSearchLatest imagesLog inFWMadnessGallery
Similar topics

aquarium safe caulking and adhesives

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Brisch
The Pleco Princess
Brisch

Female Posts : 185

Favorite Fish : Betta Splendens, All Apistogramma

aquarium safe caulking and adhesives Empty
PostSubject: aquarium safe caulking and adhesives   aquarium safe caulking and adhesives EmptyFri May 28, 2010 5:08 pm

This is where I think you should tell everyone what kinds of aquarium safe adhesives and caulking that you have used before, what you used them for and how well they worked. I just think it would be awesome for other people to know what types of things are safe to use in the aquariums we all dearly love. I have used GE silicone I 100% silicone rubber, I used it to hold together a pvc condo then to decorate it with rocks after wards. It is easy to work with and cures in 24 hours and sets in 30 minutes. Completely safe for your fishies, it is not mildew resistant. It also has a lifetime warranty
Back to top Go down
dirtydawg10
Global Moderator
dirtydawg10

Male Posts : 3098

Favorite Fish : Severum

PostSubject: Re: aquarium safe caulking and adhesives   aquarium safe caulking and adhesives EmptySat May 29, 2010 12:31 pm

All I use is 100% silicone. As you stated Brisch, make sure it doesn't contain any mildew resistant chemicals by checking the label carefully.
Back to top Go down
saint_felony
The Turtle Whisperer
saint_felony

PostSubject: Re: aquarium safe caulking and adhesives   aquarium safe caulking and adhesives EmptyMon May 31, 2010 5:46 pm

Brand doesn't matter. I've used the GE stuff, I've used the el cheapo stuff from walmart. The only thing that matters is that it's 100% silicone with NOTHING else in it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: aquarium safe caulking and adhesives   aquarium safe caulking and adhesives Empty

Back to top Go down

aquarium safe caulking and adhesives
Page 1 of 1