Freshwater Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RegisterHomeSearchLatest imagesLog inFWMadnessGallery
Similar topics

Any Freddy Owners here?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nano Cichlids
Nano Cichlids

Any Freddy Owners here? Empty
PostSubject: Any Freddy Owners here?   Any Freddy Owners here? EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 5:17 pm

So does any own a Freddy? there amazing Cichlids and beside the jack dempsey, its defiantly my favorite cichlid, so show your pics and share what you know!!!
Back to top Go down
saint_felony
The Turtle Whisperer
saint_felony

PostSubject: Re: Any Freddy Owners here?   Any Freddy Owners here? EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 10:00 pm

You talking about Friedrichsthalii?

Even in the super duper fancy fish store near me, I have never seen them for sale.
Back to top Go down
Nano Cichlids
Nano Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Any Freddy Owners here?   Any Freddy Owners here? EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 10:27 pm

yes sorry i didnt want to spell there scientific name wrong, just got a female wild caught about a week ago, from an online provider who lives near by, now im looking for a male! its only been a week and shes laid eggs twice!
Back to top Go down
saint_felony
The Turtle Whisperer
saint_felony

PostSubject: Re: Any Freddy Owners here?   Any Freddy Owners here? EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 12:13 am

It's all good. If it weren't for the firefox plugin I'd be making typos all over the place. Wink

I'm not sure do cichlids lay eggs without being fertile? I've only ever seen it with breeding pairs. At the very least you should collect them up and see if they'll hatch out.

Your male problem would undoubtedly be solved for sure. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mike D
DIY Guy
Mike D

Male Posts : 1842

Humor : You can't offend me

PostSubject: Re: Any Freddy Owners here?   Any Freddy Owners here? EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 12:39 am

My GT layed eggs with out there being a male in the tank.
Back to top Go down
saint_felony
The Turtle Whisperer
saint_felony

PostSubject: Re: Any Freddy Owners here?   Any Freddy Owners here? EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 1:01 am

I'm guessing they were all infertile? Who knows with the Freddy, if it was wild caught anything is possible.
Back to top Go down
Nano Cichlids
Nano Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Any Freddy Owners here?   Any Freddy Owners here? EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 1:12 am

its a very small chance close to zero that any of the eggs would be fertile, she has no male to fertilize the eggs, theres a small chance that my jack dempsey could have fertilized them but hes a very loyal husband to his lovely mate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Freddy Owners here?   Any Freddy Owners here? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any Freddy Owners here?
Page 1 of 1