Freshwater Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RegisterHomeSearchLatest imagesLog inFWMadnessGallery

FS ... Live Foods ...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
harlie_honey
harlie_honey

Female Posts : 145

Humor : sometimes
Favorite Fish : All of them ... if it swims!
My New JD's are at the top of them though

FS ... Live Foods ... Empty
PostSubject: FS ... Live Foods ...   FS ... Live Foods ... EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 7:24 pm

Live Food Cultures For Sale
Smaller Foods ... Starter Cultures
Vinegar Eels ... Walter, Banana, MicroWorms, Confused Beetles
Directions/Instructions Will Be Emailed To You
Starter Cultures For Your Smaller Breeds of Adults & Fry or the Larger Breeds Fry/Hatchlings
$3 for 1, $5 for 2, $6 for 3, $7 for 4 ... Includes Free USPS First Class Shipping!!!
You will receive over 1 ounce of starter culture of your choice

Smaller Foods ... Small 4 oz. Ready To Feed Cultures
***Vinegar Eels 16 oz. size only***
***Nauplii (BBS) 16 oz. size only***
1 Small 4 oz. Walter, Banana or Microworm Culture
You will receive over 4 oz. of freshly started culture of your choice in 1 ... 8oz. container
2 Small 4 oz. Walter, Banana or Microworm Cultures
You will receive over 4 oz. of freshly started culture of your choice in 2 ... 8oz. containers
3 Small 4 oz. Walter, Banana & Microworm Cultures
You will receive over 4 oz. of freshly started culture of your choice in 3 ... 8oz. containers
"EMAIL ME FOR A PRICE QUOTE"

Smaller Foods ... Medium 8 oz. Ready To Feed Cultures
***Vinegar Eels 16 oz. size only***
***Nauplii (BBS) 16 oz. size only***
1 Medium 8 oz. Walter, Banana or Microworm Culture
You will receive over 8 oz. of freshly started culture of your choice in 1 ... 16oz. container
2 Medium 8 oz. Walter, Banana or Microworm Cultures
You will receive over 8 oz. of freshly started culture of your choice in 2 ... 16oz. containers
3 Medium 8 oz. Walter, Banana & Microworm Cultures
You will receive over 8 oz. of freshly started culture of your choice in 3 ... 16oz. containers

Smaller Foods ... Large 16 oz. Ready To Feed Cultures
***Vinegar Eels 16 oz. this size only***
***Nauplii (BBS) 16 oz. this size only***
1 Large 16 oz. Vinegar Eel ... Walter, Banana, Microworm or Live BBS Culture
You will receive 16 oz. of freshly started culture of your choice in 1 ... 28 oz. container for MW,BW,WW ... 20 oz.Bottle for BBS or VE's
2 Large 16 oz. Vinegar Eel ... Walter, Banana, Microworm or Live BBS Cultures
You will receive 16 oz. of freshly started culture of your choice in 2 ... 28 oz. containers for MW,BW,WW ... 20 oz. Bottle for BBS or VE's
3 Large 16 oz. Vinegar Eel ... Walter, Banana, Microworm or Live BBS Cultures
You will receive 16 oz. of freshly started culture of your choice in 3 ... 28 oz. containers for MW,BW,WW ... 20 oz. Bottle for BBS or VE's

More Later
Thanks For Looking!!!
Back to top Go down
Mike D
DIY Guy
Mike D

Male Posts : 1842

Humor : You can't offend me

PostSubject: Re: FS ... Live Foods ...   FS ... Live Foods ... EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 1:40 pm

Do you have Blackworms?
Back to top Go down
harlie_honey
harlie_honey

PostSubject: Re: FS ... Live Foods ...   FS ... Live Foods ... EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 1:47 pm

Sorry, no Blackworms yet. I do have Grindals & White Worms ... also have Red Worms/Wigglers for the bigger fish. My JD's & Goldfish absolutely love them! Must have been what got the JD's to spawn early.
Back to top Go down
Mike D
DIY Guy
Mike D

PostSubject: Re: FS ... Live Foods ...   FS ... Live Foods ... EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 12:09 am

What size container does the red's come in? My JD's love blood worms. I can only get frozen here and they are San Francisco Bay Brand which = internal parasites. I order freez-dried hikari brand blood worms from foster and smith. I want to start feeding them live worms.
Back to top Go down
harlie_honey
harlie_honey

PostSubject: Re: FS ... Live Foods ...   FS ... Live Foods ... EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 11:59 am

I am soooo sorry Mike, I thought I had replied to you!
These Red Worms/Wigglers are a type earth worm (best composting worms ever) & are 2" - 4" in length. I don't think they are what is called Blood Worms.
I compost them indoors & they are totally organic, also I do not use cow poop, or any other type of poop for that matter since they are fed to my JD's & Goldfish.
The Medium I use is Fine Coir & they're fed Freshly Steamed & left over Veggies, Bread, Oatmeal, Cornmeal, Gerbers Instant Mixed Grain Infant Cereal, Coffee Filters With The Grounds, Tea Bags With The Grounds, & an occasional Butter Cookie, etc. Just no Meat or Dairy Products as this takes too long to decompose & stinks to high heaven!

I ship them in the Kordon Breather Bags via 2 - 3 Day USPS Priority Mail

Prices are $2 per 25 Worms & Shipping is ...
$6 for 25 - 50 Worms
$6.50 for 75 - 100 Worms
$7 for 125 + Worms
Depending on the heat for your area, it may cost an extra $2 per order for ice to be included for the shipment ... it does add quite a bit of weight to the package.
Back to top Go down
dirtydawg10
Global Moderator
dirtydawg10

Male Posts : 3098

Favorite Fish : Severum

PostSubject: Re: FS ... Live Foods ...   FS ... Live Foods ... EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 3:21 pm

The red worms HH is refering to are also known as trout worms (to us fishermen Wink)
Back to top Go down
harlie_honey
harlie_honey

PostSubject: Re: FS ... Live Foods ...   FS ... Live Foods ... EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 3:38 pm

They are a bit smaller around in diameter than the Trout Worms ... the Trout Worms are known as Jumbo Pan Fish Worms or Jumbo Red Worms.
Here is a couple photos of the Red Worm ...

FS ... Live Foods ... Red_wo10

FS ... Live Foods ... Red_wo11

The Red Worm/Wigglers Do Not make good bait at all for the fisherman due to the diameter of them. They fall off of the hook very easily as they get very soggy, very quickly even when using the smallest of hook.
Back to top Go down
dirtydawg10
Global Moderator
dirtydawg10

Male Posts : 3098

Favorite Fish : Severum

PostSubject: Re: FS ... Live Foods ...   FS ... Live Foods ... EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 11:03 pm

I use red worms all the time for trout fishing. I find them to actually be tougher than the regular earthworms. http://www.ehow.com/how_4531513_using-red-worms-as-fish.html

This thread actually got me started at looking into raising my own red worms for bait and for feeding my cichlids.
Back to top Go down
saint_felony
The Turtle Whisperer
saint_felony

PostSubject: Re: FS ... Live Foods ...   FS ... Live Foods ... EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 1:15 am

I've seen 'em called manure worms and something else that starts with a b balding, branching, something or other. What they call trout worms at least around me are a little different looking.

I've gotten 'em now and again for the smaller boxies since they seem to really like them.
Back to top Go down
Mike D
DIY Guy
Mike D

PostSubject: Re: FS ... Live Foods ...   FS ... Live Foods ... EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 12:01 am

Oh trout worms I know what those are. I was thinking red worms were blood worms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FS ... Live Foods ...   FS ... Live Foods ... Empty

Back to top Go down

FS ... Live Foods ...
Page 1 of 1