Freshwater Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RegisterHomeSearchLatest imagesLog inFWMadnessGallery
Similar topics

Need help in deciding between harlequin or galaxy or axelrod rasbora

Go down 
    2 posters
    AuthorMessage
    rsnprocess
    rsnprocess

Need help in deciding between harlequin or galaxy or axelrod rasbora Empty
    PostSubject: Need help in deciding between harlequin or galaxy or axelrod rasbora   Need help in deciding between harlequin or galaxy or axelrod rasbora EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 7:37 am

I can't add all of these so I'd like some opinions on senarios.

I currently in my 29 gallon have the following:
    2 honey gourami
    3 x-ray albino pristella (people keep telling me to up that number to 5, but I haven't yet because they are so fast in getting
    the food, that I don't want to make it even harder for the other to get enough)
    5 neons

I'd like opinions on which of the following would make best additions as far as contrast, look, and peacefulness in my tank:
    harlequin rasbora
    galaxy rasbora (I now know they are CPD's, but other people have said they are not as fast as most danios)
    axelrod rasbora

Please tell how many of what you think I could add or if you have other suggestions.

When the tank is mature, I have a reticulated hillstream loach or a bamboo shrimp (from another smaller tank) that I also could add. I also love the panda cories, but I know bottom feeders additions are down the road .
    Back to top Go down
    dirtydawg10
    Global Moderator
    dirtydawg10

Male Posts : 3098

Favorite Fish : Severum

PostSubject: Re: Need help in deciding between harlequin or galaxy or axelrod rasbora   Need help in deciding between harlequin or galaxy or axelrod rasbora EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 5:50 pm

I agree that you should add more pristellas or neons to up your schools a bit before adding a new type of fish. If you still want to go ahead and add rasboras I would go with the harlequins. I just like the looks of them. They are quick and will snag food pretty fast.
    Back to top Go down
    rsnprocess
    rsnprocess

PostSubject: Re: Need help in deciding between harlequin or galaxy or axelrod rasbora   Need help in deciding between harlequin or galaxy or axelrod rasbora EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 10:07 pm

I like the looks of the harlequin also, I just am concerned about their being quick at getting food. My neon are a lot slower than the x-ray pristella and the honey are even slower to get the food. With harlequin wouldn't they honeys and neons have an even harder time? That's the only real reason for me considering another rasbora (then I found out that the galaxy are really danios)

The axelrod rasbora are probably hard to get. Don't know much about them, except they are really small perhaps a little smaller than the CPD
    Back to top Go down
    dirtydawg10
    Global Moderator
    dirtydawg10

Male Posts : 3098

Favorite Fish : Severum

PostSubject: Re: Need help in deciding between harlequin or galaxy or axelrod rasbora   Need help in deciding between harlequin or galaxy or axelrod rasbora EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 12:02 am

The neons are usually pretty quick about getting food IME. Galaxy rasbora would be about the same as the harlequins.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help in deciding between harlequin or galaxy or axelrod rasbora   Need help in deciding between harlequin or galaxy or axelrod rasbora Empty

Back to top Go down

Need help in deciding between harlequin or galaxy or axelrod rasbora
    Page 1 of 1