Freshwater Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RegisterHomeSearchLatest imagesLog inFWMadnessGallery
Similar topics

Need some ideas for what to put in my soon to be vacant biocube.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rsnprocess
rsnprocess

Need some ideas for what to put in my soon to be vacant biocube. Empty
PostSubject: Need some ideas for what to put in my soon to be vacant biocube.   Need some ideas for what to put in my soon to be vacant biocube. EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 6:44 pm

I have an 8 gallon Oceanic biocube that will soon be vacant. Because the the fairly strong current, I cannot put really small fish. I don't want to put tetras or danios because of not a lot of length for swimming. I don't want guppies or platies. I think most rasbora need more swimming room, too. I'm already setting up a seperate ciclid tank.

I love my 2 honey gourami in my community tank. What about a group of 3 dwarf gourami in this 8 gallon cube?
Or could someone give me other suggestions. I want something big enough to see, but aren't real active.

I'm open, perhaps someone will suggest something I haven't thought of.
Back to top Go down
CORVETTE
CORVETTE

Male Posts : 58

Humor : Any
Favorite Fish : Stingrays, Bichirs, Datnoids, Arowana

PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas for what to put in my soon to be vacant biocube.   Need some ideas for what to put in my soon to be vacant biocube. EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 1:51 pm

How about some small shell dwelling cichlids .....brevis???
Back to top Go down
http://Hardcore Aquatics.com
rsnprocess
rsnprocess

PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas for what to put in my soon to be vacant biocube.   Need some ideas for what to put in my soon to be vacant biocube. EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:49 pm

I have 2 multies in there right now. I'm moving them to a 15 gallon tank and hope to add some compatible Tanganyika tankmates with them. That's why the 8 gallon is soon to be vacant.

I read that the dwarf gouramis are not supposed to be bigger than 2 inches; so I was hoping I could do a pair or perhaps 3 in the 8 gallon. Or I'm open to other ideas; just can't be too small because the biocube has a fairly strong current in it and I don't want to put something that's too active for the small size. Also I want something that won't be in hiding. I don't get to watch my multies much (they go into their shells a lot) I'm hoping to add a least one more multi when they get moved and add at least a few other small sized cichlids that won't just stay on the bottom. I'm sure I'll be asking more about this.

Back to top Go down
CORVETTE
CORVETTE

Male Posts : 58

Humor : Any
Favorite Fish : Stingrays, Bichirs, Datnoids, Arowana

PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas for what to put in my soon to be vacant biocube.   Need some ideas for what to put in my soon to be vacant biocube. EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 4:00 pm

look into some river cichlids small but fast moving water fish. eg Apistogramma borellii
Back to top Go down
http://Hardcore Aquatics.com
rsnprocess
rsnprocess

PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas for what to put in my soon to be vacant biocube.   Need some ideas for what to put in my soon to be vacant biocube. EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 6:05 pm

Thanks for that idea!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas for what to put in my soon to be vacant biocube.   Need some ideas for what to put in my soon to be vacant biocube. Empty

Back to top Go down

Need some ideas for what to put in my soon to be vacant biocube.
Page 1 of 1