Freshwater Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RegisterHomeSearchLatest imagesLog inFWMadnessGallery

What to put with endler?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rsnprocess
rsnprocess

What to put with endler? Empty
PostSubject: What to put with endler?   What to put with endler? EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 4:20 am

I have a beautiful male lone endler in my community tank. He sure does tail the male platy in there and has chased the glofish also. I was thinking about moving him to my vacant 8 gallon biocube, but need something in there with him. I could order 2 more male endlers to go with him, but don't know how 3 males would do together?

Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
dirtydawg10
Global Moderator
dirtydawg10

Male Posts : 3098

Favorite Fish : Severum

PostSubject: Re: What to put with endler?   What to put with endler? EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 11:10 am

More endlers would be the best thing. 3 males would be fine. You could get away with 6 or 8 in there actually. They are pretty small. Females would be fine too. Just plan on having more endlers if that happens.
Back to top Go down
rsnprocess
rsnprocess

PostSubject: Re: What to put with endler?   What to put with endler? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 3:10 am

OK; I got 4 more males today. I think they look great in there. I was at Petco and saw these little guys that looked just like the one I had; however they were labeled lyre-tail guppies. So either they were labeled wrong or the one I got originally was not an Endler, but a lyre tail. The first one I got came from a LFS and I just trusted the owner as to what she said it was. However, this LFS was the same one that sold me the badis badis that turned out to be Neolamprologus Multifasciatus.
Back to top Go down
dirtydawg10
Global Moderator
dirtydawg10

PostSubject: Re: What to put with endler?   What to put with endler? EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 9:52 pm

Wow! That LFS needs to invest in some fish ID books.
Back to top Go down
Wyomingite
Fish Wrangler
Wyomingite

Male Posts : 1781

Humor : "I drank what?" - Socrates
Favorite Fish : I won't choose and ya can't make me!

PostSubject: Re: What to put with endler?   What to put with endler? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 1:01 am

:agree1:

Definitely.

Cool on the endler's/guppies.

WYite
Back to top Go down
little_fishies
little_fishies

Female Posts : 6

Humor : Depends on the day...

PostSubject: Re: What to put with endler?   What to put with endler? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:55 am

I have two tanks that each have two endlers...beautiful little things they are. The one tank is a 5 gallon with a few other guppies and the second tank which is 10 gallons that also just has guppies (both are my kid's tanks). All the fish are male, and they just seem to follow each other around alot. Not sure if that helps you any. In the one tank though, we also bough a Japanese Blue Swordtail Guppy which was about the same size and the three of them tend to swim together.
Back to top Go down
dirtydawg10
Global Moderator
dirtydawg10

PostSubject: Re: What to put with endler?   What to put with endler? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 4:10 pm

I would try not to mix the endlers and the guppies. It's not really a big deal except that they will breed together and you will have mutts Wink

If you don't care about breeding and selling them you should be fine. I like species tanks though so I would probably move the guppies to the same tank and get some more endlers for the other tank.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to put with endler?   What to put with endler? Empty

Back to top Go down

What to put with endler?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Freshwater Madness :: General Freshwater Madness :: General Freshwater-
Jump to: