Freshwater Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RegisterHomeSearchLatest imagesLog inFWMadnessGallery

empty 29 for bedroom

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lethalcustoms00
lethalcustoms00

Male Posts : 102

Humor : i found my ferret trying to swim in my sump
Favorite Fish : that one i have in that tank in the other room, you know, that one

empty 29 for bedroom Empty
PostSubject: empty 29 for bedroom   empty 29 for bedroom EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 10:40 pm

i have a 29 gallon tank in my bedroom that is empty right now that i thoght i should collect opinions about stocking. One of my co workers has a group of shell dweller cichlids he wants to give me, but im not sure thats what i want to do. I thought a group of zebra danios, or some rainbows. maybe a pair of ddwarf fancy plecos, some kind of bottom dweller thats not corys. any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Wyomingite
Fish Wrangler
Wyomingite

Male Posts : 1781

Humor : "I drank what?" - Socrates
Favorite Fish : I won't choose and ya can't make me!

PostSubject: Re: empty 29 for bedroom   empty 29 for bedroom EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 11:56 am

Empty bedroom and yer askin' what to stock ONE tank with??? I'm havin' a hard time comprehending the problem here. Turn it into a fishroom, get more tanks and try ALL those ideas. Very Happy

Building off one of yer ideas, maybe a school of dwarf neon rainbows (Melanotaenia praecox) and a school of rasboras, either harlequin rasboras (Trigonostigma heteromorpha) or Espe's rasboras (Trigonostigma espei). They look very similiar, and T. espei often shows up as "harlequin rasbora" at shops. I regularly see the two species mixed in one tank. When conditioned though, T. espei is more orange than pink and the color is much more intense. It is more slender and the triangle marking is narrower, so once ya start lookin' it isn't hard to distinguish the two, even in a mixed tank. The pink or orange of either rasbora would make a nice contrast to the blue of the rainbows. Throw in some driftwood and a pair of exotic dwarf plecos or one of the fancier hillstream loaches such as Sewellia lineolata, and you'd have a nice set-up.

WYite
Back to top Go down
saint_felony
The Turtle Whisperer
saint_felony

PostSubject: Re: empty 29 for bedroom   empty 29 for bedroom EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:54 am

Some places call them Galaxy Rasbora, others Celestial Pearl Danio, but I really like Danio margaritatus.
Back to top Go down
lethalcustoms00
lethalcustoms00

Male Posts : 102

Humor : i found my ferret trying to swim in my sump
Favorite Fish : that one i have in that tank in the other room, you know, that one

PostSubject: Re: empty 29 for bedroom   empty 29 for bedroom EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 1:50 am

ah, i know what those are when you say celestial pearl danio, and i do like those. Im going to try to get th etank cleaned up and full of water this weekend so i can start a cycle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: empty 29 for bedroom   empty 29 for bedroom Empty

Back to top Go down

empty 29 for bedroom
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Freshwater Madness :: General Freshwater Madness :: General Freshwater-
Jump to: