Freshwater Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RegisterHomeSearchLatest imagesLog inFWMadnessGallery
Similar topics

My Ultimate Fish Room

Go down 
+15
67chevelle
rich311k
Redneck Woman
eltrut420
Grumpa
jsorensen
Celticwraith
1nevrkwitz
Unvmyplecos
Silver Dollar Dude
dirtydawg10
Mike D
Mostlycichlids
saint_felony
Wyomingite
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
dwarf cichlids in Tucson
dwarf cichlids in Tucson

Favorite Fish : Apitogramas as well as South American Dwarf cichlids cory cats and tetras discus and angelfish

My Ultimate Fish Room - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Ultimate Fish Room   My Ultimate Fish Room - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 12:45 pm

My girl friend has told me that a 3 bedroom apartment is not set up for all the aquariums that I want to set up so I am now looking for a house that has a enclosed back porch or something so I can have my fish room.I have a big advanatge she is also a fish head.SO we get along well also the apartment is on the ground floor. :gotcichlids:
Back to top Go down
Grumpa
Master Profiler
Grumpa

Male Posts : 1220

Humor : Not often
Favorite Fish : tanganikian

PostSubject: Re: My Ultimate Fish Room   My Ultimate Fish Room - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 7:13 pm

Put the tanks on the outside walls and you will be fine. Also check in the basement and place tanks as close to beams as you can if not on outside wall!
Back to top Go down
worknfool
worknfool

Male Posts : 43

Humor : Politician falls in a manhole and dies...just as a
Favorite Fish : Rockfish stuffed with crab imperial, mmm mmm good! Or maybe a big ole wet mackerel smackin' the crap out of Ms. Speaker's botoxed face...
Oh, you meant in my aquarium. Corys, angels, GBR's, plecos, guppies, swords, goldfish, koi, loaches, mollies, discus, apistos, most tetras, some barbs...how about a list of the ones that I don't like. It would only be ones that I don't have...yet.

PostSubject: Re: My Ultimate Fish Room   My Ultimate Fish Room - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 6:37 pm

Very nice job. Lovely aesthetic. You can't see me but I'm pretty close to the color of your walls. I don't see how you can call that a fish room though. I can't see a single extension cord...just how do you propose to trip? Where are all of the tangled knots of air lines? How's the air and electricity supposed to get to the tanks...magic?
clown

My current fish room(s) are an evolution of the unplanned, from "how did those fish get so big and where are we going to put them now", to "whatd'ya mean they had more babies?" If and when I got two tanks that were the same size we almost felt compelled to break one just to keep the pair from feeling too superior to all of the odd balls and orphans.

People hear that we're a little fish obsessed...so anytime they come across someone with a pre-historic Celicant or a catfish that ate their Volkswagen they feel it's their PITA (either the common vernacular or the organization - works here either way) duty to forward the fish to us as a rescue. Then we have the moms and dads who've always hated taking care of junior's tanks, so as soon as he leaves for college we get the call, "Hey, you guys want some free tanks?"

Never fails...I fall for it every time. BTW, for you novice tank scroungers out there, allow me to forewarn you with two vital axioms of life:

1st - No good deed goes unpunished!

2nd - There's no such thing as a free lunch!

Every "free" tank has usually come with woefully inadequate filtration. A "free" 55 will invariably come with a filter rated for a 30, which is actually good for a 15 when new, but since it was never cleaned it is now fitting for a 10...after buying a new impeller, lid, and pick-up tube. Oh yeah...let us not forget about the sick fish that they forgot to mention and the small fortune in meds that will be spent before the poor creature succumbs to toxic shock from leaving the confines of the toilet water to which it has acclimated. I almost forgot...they have to leak...or it just wouldn't be right to get it for "free".

So who sells Oscars and Red Tailed Cats to people with 10 gallon tanks anyway? Mr. Dante needs to add a new level to his afterlife just for them.

What can I say? I've got issues...
Back to top Go down
Wyomingite
Fish Wrangler
Wyomingite

Male Posts : 1781

Humor : "I drank what?" - Socrates
Favorite Fish : I won't choose and ya can't make me!

PostSubject: Re: My Ultimate Fish Room   My Ultimate Fish Room - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 2:00 pm

LMAO, great post...so true.

No such thing as a free tank, in 27 years have fallin' into that trap too many times in the past myself.

As for rescues, my eventual goal is to set up a rescue "home" for wayward fish and herps. Tired of reading' 'bout the fish that get caught out of the lake at the local park. Plecos, pacu, pirahna, large cichlids, large exotic cats, etc. A couple every summer. Some fisherman catches the poor frigid critter and takes it to the Game and Fish, and says, "What is this here thing, sure ain't no trout!" Well, duuuuuh!

All becasue of oscars, pacu and RTCs bein' sold to people with 10 gallon tanks. Like the Inferno idea...

WYite
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Ultimate Fish Room   My Ultimate Fish Room - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Ultimate Fish Room
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6