Freshwater Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RegisterHomeSearchLatest imagesLog inFWMadnessGallery

OMG HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
+4
clgkag
Apocalypse
1nevrkwitz
kacie5288
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dirtydawg10
Global Moderator
dirtydawg10

Male Posts : 3098

Favorite Fish : Severum

OMG HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 2:32 pm

If you have nowhere else to put them you should just leave them in the tank. The first few times they spawn the adults may end up eating their fry until they figure things out. Then again they may not.

If I was you I would just let them be and see what happens. The fry may end up being live food and/or they may not make it unless they are fed often enough and the water is changed frequently enough. The fry are very sensitive to changes in water conditions so keep the water changes frequent if you plan to raise the fry. Good luck and don't worry so much. Just have fun with it Smile
Back to top Go down
Grumpa
Master Profiler
Grumpa

Male Posts : 1220

Humor : Not often
Favorite Fish : tanganikian

PostSubject: Re: OMG HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 7:53 pm

You'll get it down in no time convicts breed like (crazy monkey mad). :gluk:
Back to top Go down
Wyomingite
Fish Wrangler
Wyomingite

Male Posts : 1781

Humor : "I drank what?" - Socrates
Favorite Fish : I won't choose and ya can't make me!

PostSubject: Re: OMG HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 9:08 pm

And, as you've already discovered, they are able to breed at a very young age. Getting smaller females isn't a guarantee ya won't have fry, though smaller females produce fewer eggs. I've had female cons spawn at two inches. As Apocalypse said, if ya don't want fry the best bet is females only, though it's a little late for ya now.

Good luck with 'em.

WYite
Back to top Go down
jd6405
jd6405

PostSubject: Re: OMG HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 6:40 pm

If there are others in the tank aside from the cons chances are they will get eaten. Honestly if you weren't ready to have this many fry so quickly I'd let nature take it's course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OMG HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

OMG HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Freshwater Madness :: General Freshwater Madness :: General Freshwater-
Jump to: