Freshwater Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RegisterHomeSearchLatest imagesLog inFWMadnessGallery
Similar topics

Had an idea

Go down 
+6
Redneck Woman
Mike D
DragonKeeper
Mostlycichlids
dirtydawg10
SBL
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Grumpa
Master Profiler
Grumpa

Male Posts : 1220

Humor : Not often
Favorite Fish : tanganikian

Had an idea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Had an idea   Had an idea - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:46 am

Didnt mean to get off track sorry . I think he was looking for a glass substitute.
Back to top Go down
SBL
SBL

Male Posts : 413

Favorite Fish : Right now, any fish I own.

PostSubject: Re: Had an idea   Had an idea - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 1:36 pm

yeah, a glass substitute, it would help brighten a tank cause the light has only one way 2 push through and thats the front of the tank.
Back to top Go down
worknfool
worknfool

Male Posts : 43

Humor : Politician falls in a manhole and dies...just as a
Favorite Fish : Rockfish stuffed with crab imperial, mmm mmm good! Or maybe a big ole wet mackerel smackin' the crap out of Ms. Speaker's botoxed face...
Oh, you meant in my aquarium. Corys, angels, GBR's, plecos, guppies, swords, goldfish, koi, loaches, mollies, discus, apistos, most tetras, some barbs...how about a list of the ones that I don't like. It would only be ones that I don't have...yet.

PostSubject: Re: Had an idea   Had an idea - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 1:45 pm

I don't see any reason why the tile concept wouldn't work for smaller cube or rectangular tanks. There are safety factors that are used to calculate glass thicknesses for tank builds, but up to about 17" of water depth I haven't had any problems with 1/4". I mention the 1/4" because it is relatively cheap and readily available. Once you get over that the cost escalates fairly rapidly. Also the 17" water height was with a top brace to help prevent the glass from bowing. I have std. 55g that was given to me with a broken center brace and I filled it just to see what would happen. The front glass actually bowed out almost 1/4" out of plumb at the top before I quickly drained it and repaired the brace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Had an idea   Had an idea - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Had an idea
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2