Freshwater Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RegisterHomeSearchLatest imagesLog inFWMadnessGallery
Similar topics

new corys

Go down 
    3 posters
    AuthorMessage
    lethalcustoms00
    lethalcustoms00

Male Posts : 102

Humor : i found my ferret trying to swim in my sump
    Favorite Fish : that one i have in that tank in the other room, you know, that one

new corys Empty
    PostSubject: new corys   new corys EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 9:29 pm

i just bought a group of 6 wild caught leucomela's for my discus tank. Is there anything scecial should know about these guys
    Back to top Go down
    WaterChangeWarrior
    WaterChangeWarrior

Male Posts : 111

Humor : sick/dry
    Favorite Fish : dwarf cichlids, corys, plecos, killies, livebearers, oddballs

new corys Empty
    PostSubject: Re: new corys   new corys EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 11:15 am

I have bred a few different types of corys in the past, you should find them to be an excellent fit for your discus tank. Don't know of anything peculiar to this specific cory to pass on to you...they are good looking! Smile

I ran across a link to this site through facebook, and have been impressed with the quality of their content....they list here some good "general" cory tips, as well as info on leucomelas specifically....hope this has been of some help!

link to seriously fish
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.aquatic-terrors.com
    worknfool
    worknfool

Male Posts : 43

Humor : Politician falls in a manhole and dies...just as a
    Favorite Fish : Rockfish stuffed with crab imperial, mmm mmm good! Or maybe a big ole wet mackerel smackin' the crap out of Ms. Speaker's botoxed face...
    Oh, you meant in my aquarium. Corys, angels, GBR's, plecos, guppies, swords, goldfish, koi, loaches, mollies, discus, apistos, most tetras, some barbs...how about a list of the ones that I don't like. It would only be ones that I don't have...yet.

new corys Empty
    PostSubject: Re: new corys   new corys EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 11:24 am

First and most obviously a full quarantine before risking your discus. The variety that you selected is a great one for discus tanks since it, like the sterbais and others,tolerates the higher water temps. better.

They are often caught out of the wild with other varieties that look very similar, (c.agasizzis and c. Gomezi for example) and are often misidentified. Wilds can be very frustrating sometimes to get to spawn, but if you're interested yours come from black waters of the upper Amazon and prefer a sandy bottom with plants and driftwood to pick through. They are omnivores that adapt well to flake and pellet foods as well as black worms for conditioning to spawn.

Very good choice. Many a cool water cory has been inadvertantly sentenced to a life of stress in aquaria that are too warm.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

new corys Empty
    PostSubject: Re: new corys   new corys Empty

Back to top Go down

new corys
    Page 1 of 1