Freshwater Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RegisterHomeSearchLatest imagesLog inFWMadnessGallery
Similar topics

loaches

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cyndrine
cyndrine

loaches Empty
PostSubject: loaches   loaches EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 3:07 pm

I have 2 loaches in my tank. posted pics before and told they were rainbow's. they are as of yesterday acting unusual for them.

They are swimming out of their hiding spots. back and forth along the top of the tank. Also i saw them last night helping the 2 jewel cichlids that bred keep the other fish from the babies.

I do not know how to describe it but they also seem to be developing something almost like an opening on one on their bellies near their tails.

I am wondering if they could be leading up to breeding and if so what do i have to look forward to behavior wise with them?
If not what the heck are the 2 giants doing? I call them giants since they have grown to be 6 inches. I was not expecting them to be that big after the research i have done but they grew and kept growing tell they reached their current size.
Back to top Go down
Celticwraith
FWM Graphic Designer
Celticwraith

Male Posts : 561

Humor : Some times!
Favorite Fish : All the ones I have.

loaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: loaches   loaches EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 5:40 pm

From the info I can find there are no cases of them breeding in an aquarium, that goes for all loaches as far as I know. There behavior is odd since they are shy, but I can't tell you much more than that. I'm sure someone else may have more info for you.
Back to top Go down

loaches
Page 1 of 1