Freshwater Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RegisterHomeSearchLatest imagesLog inFWMadnessGallery
Similar topics

why can't I find dwarf corydora anymore?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jbloom81
jbloom81

Female Posts : 6

Favorite Fish : dwarf cory and platy so far, but that's just my experience. There are so many to choose from, makes me look forward to the next upgrade.

why can't I find dwarf corydora anymore? Empty
PostSubject: why can't I find dwarf corydora anymore?   why can't I find dwarf corydora anymore? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 10:35 pm

I have had a 10 gallon basic tank running since Christmas, was my present to myself. Now a week or 2 ago I got a 2nd hand 20 gallon tall tank and plan on switching over all my fish after cycling this one. I used 5 gallons of water from the 10 gallon on last water change to help cycle the 20g. Right now I have 2 dwarf cory, 2 oto's and 3 platy in the 10g until the 20g is ready. I have had such a hard time getting anymore dwarf cory, or even pygmy cory to fill out the group. I went to my aquarium store today to look at the new fish in quarenteen see if there was anything that interested me. According to my tank, I can add 4 more small cory, and a handful of platy in the 20g with the 20-40 filter on it. I also have 3 large amazon swords planted in the sandy bottom.

If it comes down to it that I can't get more dwarf or pygmy cory, is there another kind I can add to fill out the school that will work together. The rest all seem to get between 2" and 3"+ where the little guys don't even reach 1 1/2".

Right now most of the time the oto's seem to kind of school with them and are only a little bigger, but the cory's are neat to watch and cute in their own right.

Janine

Big Al's is supposed to be getting another shipment of corydora in, if it comes this time for sure, so here's hoping mine are included in them.
Back to top Go down
saint_felony
The Turtle Whisperer
saint_felony

PostSubject: Re: why can't I find dwarf corydora anymore?   why can't I find dwarf corydora anymore? EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 4:06 am

From what I've heard from friends that used to run a wholesale tropical fish distributor, summer was the worst season for a lot of the fish since depending on how they were handled in shipping they could get cooked fairly easily.

You may have better luck waiting until it cools off a bit.
Back to top Go down
jbloom81
jbloom81

Favorite Fish : dwarf cory and platy so far, but that's just my experience. There are so many to choose from, makes me look forward to the next upgrade.

PostSubject: Re: why can't I find dwarf corydora anymore?   why can't I find dwarf corydora anymore? EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 11:22 am

Hopefully, was thinking about asking if someone could call me when they come in next and let me know when they are going to be ready, but for a fish that is so inexpensive I don't know if they would go out of their way to do that. Will just have to keep checking. Plus, it's another outing my boys like and as soon as my daughter is old enough to really see the fish I'm sure she will enjoy it too.

Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
saint_felony
The Turtle Whisperer
saint_felony

PostSubject: Re: why can't I find dwarf corydora anymore?   why can't I find dwarf corydora anymore? EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 6:38 pm

It shouldn't matter how small an order it is, if it's a decent shop, they should call you if/when they get in what your looking for. Smile

Good luck. Even more so for taking three kids to the fish store together. Smile
Back to top Go down
jbloom81
jbloom81

PostSubject: Re: why can't I find dwarf corydora anymore?   why can't I find dwarf corydora anymore? EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 8:43 pm

my boys love going to Big Al's because of all the different fish they get to see in one place, plus there's the shark tank. When I take my now 2 year old in there not only do the fish follow him, the reptiles do if we get a chance to go in there as well. Some fish will do that to anyone, but all of them everytime?
My kids are 5 1/2 years, 2 years, and almost 4 months. My baby girl hasn't been awake the last 2 times taking her there cause it's darker in the fish area so she pretty much goes right to sleep still.

The kids haven't been home for the last 2 weeks so hopefully when they get home they're going to be excited there's a new and bigger tank somewhere they can see it all the time. My 10 gallon was set up in our bedroom and the kids for the most part aren't allowed in our bedroom yet.

I will definately look into a phone call when they come in. The guy I dealt with yesterday was very nice and knew what he was talking about so hopefully it will work out.
Back to top Go down
Brisch
The Pleco Princess
Brisch

Female Posts : 185

Favorite Fish : Betta Splendens, All Apistogramma

PostSubject: Re: why can't I find dwarf corydora anymore?   why can't I find dwarf corydora anymore? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 7:47 pm

its too bad you cant find any of the cories you want cause there are lots of them floating in Vancouver right now.
Back to top Go down
jbloom81
jbloom81

PostSubject: Re: why can't I find dwarf corydora anymore?   why can't I find dwarf corydora anymore? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 8:41 pm

if they're the right kind, wanna express some across country for me? lol

Why so many right now?
Back to top Go down
Brisch
The Pleco Princess
Brisch

PostSubject: Re: why can't I find dwarf corydora anymore?   why can't I find dwarf corydora anymore? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 8:46 pm

pygmy? we can discuss that if you would like
Back to top Go down
jbloom81
jbloom81

PostSubject: Re: why can't I find dwarf corydora anymore?   why can't I find dwarf corydora anymore? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 10:55 pm

why are there so many floating there right now?
Back to top Go down
Brisch
The Pleco Princess
Brisch

PostSubject: Re: why can't I find dwarf corydora anymore?   why can't I find dwarf corydora anymore? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 11:18 pm

breeders are here....I know some breeders of the pygmy personally
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: why can't I find dwarf corydora anymore?   why can't I find dwarf corydora anymore? Empty

Back to top Go down

why can't I find dwarf corydora anymore?
Page 1 of 1