Freshwater Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RegisterHomeSearchLatest imagesLog inFWMadnessGallery
Similar topics

rotala macrandra green & Jungle val

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike D
DIY Guy
Mike D

Male Posts : 1842

Humor : You can't offend me

rotala macrandra green & Jungle val Empty
PostSubject: rotala macrandra green & Jungle val   rotala macrandra green & Jungle val EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 3:02 pm

I have a large bunch of rotala macrandra green and 3 plants of Jungle val.
$15 shipped. All plants are at least 20" and I will take trades.

Here are a few pics.
rotala macrandra green & Jungle val Plant1
rotala macrandra green & Jungle val Plant2
rotala macrandra green & Jungle val Plant3

I always ad a little something something extra to all of my plant sales.

Please PM me or respond to this ad.

Links to plant info.
Rotala macrandra
Jungle Val
Back to top Go down
Mike D
DIY Guy
Mike D

PostSubject: Re: rotala macrandra green & Jungle val   rotala macrandra green & Jungle val EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 6:55 am

Price drop $12 or will trade for dwarf cichlids (would pay differance), hard to find platties, tetras, plants ect.
Back to top Go down
saint_felony
The Turtle Whisperer
saint_felony

PostSubject: Re: rotala macrandra green & Jungle val   rotala macrandra green & Jungle val EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 5:18 pm

I was interested in the plants till I saw the description you linked to. Very difficult sounds like it wouldn't last too long here. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mike D
DIY Guy
Mike D

PostSubject: Re: rotala macrandra green & Jungle val   rotala macrandra green & Jungle val EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 7:10 pm

Crud. On a side note I might need to send you 2 fish if you have the room.
Back to top Go down
Grumpa
Master Profiler
Grumpa

Male Posts : 1220

Humor : Not often
Favorite Fish : tanganikian

PostSubject: Re: rotala macrandra green & Jungle val   rotala macrandra green & Jungle val EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 8:14 pm

whats the best substrate for the plants mike?
Back to top Go down
Mike D
DIY Guy
Mike D

PostSubject: Re: rotala macrandra green & Jungle val   rotala macrandra green & Jungle val EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 9:27 pm

I found that sand anchors the roots better than gravel for the rotala macrandra but the vals will grow well in either sand or gravel
Back to top Go down
saint_felony
The Turtle Whisperer
saint_felony

PostSubject: Re: rotala macrandra green & Jungle val   rotala macrandra green & Jungle val EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 2:16 pm

Shame what I'm reading on it is making it sound so tough. They're pretty for sure, but either I don't have the lights in the one tank that the other conditions would match or it doesn't do brackish in the one tank that does have good lighting.

if plantgeek had a rating "retardedly hard to kill" I'd be all over it. Though your hygro grows like a weed down here.

As for the fish depends on what and how big they are. Those new 37s should be done cycling by now or there's at least one 150g livestock tub that can be freed up very easily.

pm me when you know what's up. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mike D
DIY Guy
Mike D

PostSubject: Re: rotala macrandra green & Jungle val   rotala macrandra green & Jungle val EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 6:25 pm

Man saint you should set up a tank just for plants then Very Happy
Back to top Go down
saint_felony
The Turtle Whisperer
saint_felony

PostSubject: Re: rotala macrandra green & Jungle val   rotala macrandra green & Jungle val EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 6:46 pm

Every time I set up a tank just for plants, something else comes in that ends up going in it. The Aro tank makes a great plant tank though since he could care less about the plants in there. Well, I suppose it would piss him off if I put in some floating plants. Wink

How heavy duty is your lights on the tank that plant is in? I got pan lights on the lids of his tank, (3 generic cfls) and I may be able to swap one of the bulbs to something a bit more brighter.

At some point I do want to hunt down some plants that are brackish though besides java moss for that Mono tank too.
Back to top Go down
Mike D
DIY Guy
Mike D

PostSubject: Re: rotala macrandra green & Jungle val   rotala macrandra green & Jungle val EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 8:09 pm

The lights I have on the discus tank is a double bulb fluorescent light strip. One bulb is tinted blue for saltwater nothing to high tec.
Back to top Go down
saint_felony
The Turtle Whisperer
saint_felony

PostSubject: Re: rotala macrandra green & Jungle val   rotala macrandra green & Jungle val EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:07 pm

Really? Hm. So what makes it "Very Difficult" then?

Is that plantgeek page accurate? Is it a pain to keep going? It be cool if it just grew with a bright light on it. I got enough things that need tending to at the moment. I don't want to add a plant to that list. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mike D
DIY Guy
Mike D

PostSubject: Re: rotala macrandra green & Jungle val   rotala macrandra green & Jungle val EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 8:04 am

They could be wrong. All I have is bright light and fertilizer and they are thriving. I do not use Co2 and they are well over 20".

Heres another link with more info than plantgeek.
ROTALA MACRANDRA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rotala macrandra green & Jungle val   rotala macrandra green & Jungle val Empty

Back to top Go down

rotala macrandra green & Jungle val
Page 1 of 1