Freshwater Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RegisterHomeSearchLatest imagesLog inFWMadnessGallery
Similar topics

my breeding projects

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WhiteGloveAquatics
WhiteGloveAquatics

Male Posts : 134

Humor : raunchy and mean
Favorite Fish : Discus,Rams,Angels,Dwarf cichlids,tetras oh and flathead catfish

my breeding projects Empty
PostSubject: my breeding projects   my breeding projects EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 10:01 pm

well firstly the money makers
29g half wild angel, nothing fancy just meaner then any cichlid ive kept before.
I removed babies exactly a week ago tonight and I found about 300 or so wigglers already in that tank, hidden from human view.

I am taking a sample dozen to a LFS to sell, he didnt balk at my breeder price of $6 each he told me if these sell(he doesnt stock angels now because he only stocks locally bred fish and his breeder quit with the economy) He is also very interested in my Pangio Oblonga's i breed as he has a demand for the any kuhllis just not the supply.

Finally this has gotten off the ground.
I dont mean to stroke my own ego but hot damn this is great news to me. I have been taxably unemployed since january of this year, lost my job as a manager at cabela's when they tiered the store down a level yet again.

I want to say thanks to the hobbists out there that demand quality. If it wasnt for people like you, there wouldnt be people like me out there striving for top standards and unequaled quality.

Back to top Go down
dirtydawg10
Global Moderator
dirtydawg10

Male Posts : 3098

Favorite Fish : Severum

PostSubject: Re: my breeding projects   my breeding projects EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 12:20 am

Glad to hear things are looking up. Nice job!
Back to top Go down
Grumpa
Master Profiler
Grumpa

Male Posts : 1220

Humor : Not often
Favorite Fish : tanganikian

PostSubject: Re: my breeding projects   my breeding projects EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 8:59 am

I sold on E bay and Aqua bid for years. I had so many clients I could not keep up. You should try this. It didn't matter about the economy they kept buying. I quit because it got to be way to much like work when you have over 30 tanks setup. Always shipping and moving fish it got crazy.
Back to top Go down
WhiteGloveAquatics
WhiteGloveAquatics

Male Posts : 134

Humor : raunchy and mean
Favorite Fish : Discus,Rams,Angels,Dwarf cichlids,tetras oh and flathead catfish

PostSubject: Re: my breeding projects   my breeding projects EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:57 am

Grumpa wrote:
I sold on E bay and Aqua bid for years. I had so many clients I could not keep up. You should try this. It didn't matter about the economy they kept buying. I quit because it got to be way to much like work when you have over 30 tanks setup. Always shipping and moving fish it got crazy.

I havnt even begun to set up a true breeding operation yet. Ive just filled in empty wall and floor space with tanks. we are moving by the spring to a new house(waiting on financing and offers to be accepted via short sales). Once that happens then all my warehouse racking and particle boards I bought from a warehouse auction will be put to use.
Its nuts especially when your prolificly producing pair of angels doesnt even wait for you to finish the PWC before they start throwing eggs around, this newest batch of wigglers takes up an ENTIRE length of long leaf java fern plus 4 other leaves on the same plant.

I appreciate the good wishes as this is finally coming together, My Wife and mother have come to the conclusion that my father passed his fish breeding gene's onto me from him doing it from 1964-1990 with tropicals.
Only thing I need to obtain are true wild angels and a few other fish that I can truly bring WILD blood back into the hobby. Ive noticed wild and half wilds really sell well due to their genetics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my breeding projects   my breeding projects Empty

Back to top Go down

my breeding projects
Page 1 of 1