mumrik

Humor : yes.
Favorite Fish : tetra: glowlight tetra.
labyrinth fish: chocolate gourami.
my ghost angelfish.

clown killi.

dolphin.

PostSubject: my 67 gallon chocolate gourami project   Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:03 pm

so this is where i will tell anyone who wants to listen about my adventures as a keeper of chocolate gourami.
Very Happy

i fell in love with this small but beautiful gourami when i was looking through a tropical fish reference book written by john a. dawes amd found a page describing the fish.
for over a year i was SCARED of even *thinking* of trying to keep a group of them, because everything i've read about it states that it's a difficult fish to keep, because of its demands regarding food and water parameters, and so i tried to forget about the gorgeous-looking fish.

but then a few weeks ago i had an offer to buy a 67 gallon fishtank (plus a couple of filters), and my thoughts *immediately* returned to the small brown fish...

i started doing some MAJOR research into all things chocolate gourami, and after having checked the tank for leaks over the weekend, i am now ready to start aquascaping!
cheers
Back to top Go down
dirtydawg10
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 3098

Favorite Fish : Severum

PostSubject: Re: my 67 gallon chocolate gourami project   Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:36 pm

Awesome! Good luck with the tanks. Keep us updated. We'd love to see pics if you get a chance. I think even more so than being a difficult fish to care for it is an issue of weak stock being the issue.
Back to top Go down

my 67 gallon chocolate gourami project
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1