Freshwater Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RegisterHomeSearchLatest imagesLog inFWMadnessGallery
Similar topics

my 67 gallon chocolate gourami project

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mumrik
mumrik

Humor : yes.
Favorite Fish : tetra: glowlight tetra.
labyrinth fish: chocolate gourami.
my ghost angelfish.

clown killi.

dolphin.

my 67 gallon chocolate gourami project Empty
PostSubject: my 67 gallon chocolate gourami project   my 67 gallon chocolate gourami project EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 3:03 pm

so this is where i will tell anyone who wants to listen about my adventures as a keeper of chocolate gourami.
Very Happy

i fell in love with this small but beautiful gourami when i was looking through a tropical fish reference book written by john a. dawes amd found a page describing the fish.
for over a year i was SCARED of even *thinking* of trying to keep a group of them, because everything i've read about it states that it's a difficult fish to keep, because of its demands regarding food and water parameters, and so i tried to forget about the gorgeous-looking fish.

but then a few weeks ago i had an offer to buy a 67 gallon fishtank (plus a couple of filters), and my thoughts *immediately* returned to the small brown fish...

i started doing some MAJOR research into all things chocolate gourami, and after having checked the tank for leaks over the weekend, i am now ready to start aquascaping!
cheers
Back to top Go down
dirtydawg10
Global Moderator
dirtydawg10

Male Posts : 3098

Favorite Fish : Severum

my 67 gallon chocolate gourami project Empty
PostSubject: Re: my 67 gallon chocolate gourami project   my 67 gallon chocolate gourami project EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 10:36 pm

Awesome! Good luck with the tanks. Keep us updated. We'd love to see pics if you get a chance. I think even more so than being a difficult fish to care for it is an issue of weak stock being the issue.
Back to top Go down

my 67 gallon chocolate gourami project
Page 1 of 1