Freshwater Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RegisterHomeSearchLatest imagesLog inFWMadnessGallery

Which sand for your neolamprologus multifasciatus do you use and why?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rsnprocess
rsnprocess

Which sand for your neolamprologus multifasciatus do you use and why? Empty
PostSubject: Which sand for your neolamprologus multifasciatus do you use and why?   Which sand for your neolamprologus multifasciatus do you use and why? EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 6:41 am

Which of the black sands out their have you guys used with you multies? What do you like best and why. thanks.
Back to top Go down
dirtydawg10
Global Moderator
dirtydawg10

Male Posts : 3098

Favorite Fish : Severum

PostSubject: Re: Which sand for your neolamprologus multifasciatus do you use and why?   Which sand for your neolamprologus multifasciatus do you use and why? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 8:53 pm

I don't have any multies but I have used Tahitian Moon sand by Carib Sea. It is a good sand and it holds up well...but it is a bit expensive and takes quite a bit initially to clean it up. It is worth the effort for the look unless you can find something cheaper.
Back to top Go down
rsnprocess
rsnprocess

PostSubject: Re: Which sand for your neolamprologus multifasciatus do you use and why?   Which sand for your neolamprologus multifasciatus do you use and why? EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 10:15 am

I bought CaribSea Super Naturals in black. No where on the package does it say what kind of sand it is. It just says will not raise PH and if safe for sand sifters. It is very black but it doesn't say Tahitian moon sand. It seems very fine. So it's not silica sand, I guess. Is it particles of quartz?
Back to top Go down
dirtydawg10
Global Moderator
dirtydawg10

PostSubject: Re: Which sand for your neolamprologus multifasciatus do you use and why?   Which sand for your neolamprologus multifasciatus do you use and why? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 10:14 pm

I'm not sure what it's made out of to tell you the truth.
Back to top Go down
dirtydawg10
Global Moderator
dirtydawg10

PostSubject: Re: Which sand for your neolamprologus multifasciatus do you use and why?   Which sand for your neolamprologus multifasciatus do you use and why? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 10:18 pm

That's the only black sand in the super naturals line from carib sea I believe.
Back to top Go down
Brisch
The Pleco Princess
Brisch

Female Posts : 185

Favorite Fish : Betta Splendens, All Apistogramma

PostSubject: Re: Which sand for your neolamprologus multifasciatus do you use and why?   Which sand for your neolamprologus multifasciatus do you use and why? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 5:02 am

Use aragonite sand its in saltwater sections of the stores, use this because of its capacity to buffer soft water and keeps PH around 8
Back to top Go down
DragonKeeper
DragonKeeper

PostSubject: Re: Which sand for your neolamprologus multifasciatus do you use and why?   Which sand for your neolamprologus multifasciatus do you use and why? EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 7:30 am

With Multis, small grain sand is best. They will completely rearrange the tank to their liking with in a couple of hours.

They are like little bobcats!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which sand for your neolamprologus multifasciatus do you use and why?   Which sand for your neolamprologus multifasciatus do you use and why? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which sand for your neolamprologus multifasciatus do you use and why?
Page 1 of 1