Freshwater Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RegisterHomeSearchLatest imagesLog inFWMadnessGallery
Similar topics

odds and ends questions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
eltrut420
eltrut420

Male Posts : 113

Favorite Fish : the ones that poop the least

odds and ends questions Empty
PostSubject: odds and ends questions   odds and ends questions EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:40 am

1) i need some pvc pipe for spray bars and what not. what kind of paint can i use to spray the white stuff so i dont have to shell out big bucks for the black? fusion paint i read in a salty forum. anyone have experience with it?

2)i came across another huge canister filter a rena filstar 5 baslet one. the old owner has it set up with 4 baskets of some bio media balls stuff that looks like dog food in it. hes got sponges on the bottom basket and then the 4 baskets of bio media. if i stick a heavy duty sponge on the end of the intake can i leave it like this? my thought was to run my other large canister like i normally do with the sponges and rings and amonia chips and fine floss etc. the the smaller canister just run wide open with nothing but sponges and floss etc to catch all the waste. the thought was to run 2 jets from my UGF out where the intake of this would be to catch any debris. im not sure if that makes sense but let me know what u think. ill be posting more as this process moves along. thanks for ur time

Last edited by eltrut420 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dirtydawg10
Global Moderator
dirtydawg10

Male Posts : 3098

Favorite Fish : Severum

PostSubject: Re: odds and ends questions   odds and ends questions EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:45 am

Personally I wouldn't paint them. They do make paints for plastic but if you scratch it it will still come off. The black pipe will always be black no matter what you do to it. JMO.
Back to top Go down
saint_felony
The Turtle Whisperer
saint_felony

PostSubject: Re: odds and ends questions   odds and ends questions EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 7:09 pm

Krylon and Rustoleum both make a Marine spray and can epoxy for boats, that is extremely crazy durable on most surfaces (I've used it on metal and plastic) and lasts just fine banging it around provided you do all the sanding and other prep work ahead of time.

The Rustoleum brand has a picture of a boat out on a lake on it and says "Marine" on it.

I've never tried the fusion stuff, maybe worth checking out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: odds and ends questions   odds and ends questions Empty

Back to top Go down

odds and ends questions
Page 1 of 1